Thursday, December 20, 2012

1 Week, 5 Days Pregnant

Okay, so the title is a little (lot) misleading. I'm not technically pregnant yet. But I realized, based on a successful transfer of a 5-day embryo on December 28, and the silly way we track pregnancy (based on last menstrual period instead conception), I'm currently 1 week, 5 days pregnant. ;-) And let me tell you, I feel it. The estrogen is definitely having an effect on me; since Tuesday my uterus has been feeling very heavy and tender. So I'm taking that as a good sign. I've been paranoid that my body wouldn't respond to the meds and my career as a surro would be over before it really started (but the pre-season sure was extended). So, I have some evidence that we're really on our way to Babyville here, but tomorrow will be the official test. We're heading out to the Bay Area for our one and only monitoring ultrasound to determine how well my uterus is thickening up. After we receive the good news, I've got to notify the travel agent so that she can book our travel for the transfer next week. Which is to say, there's a lot riding on this ultrasound, so think thick thoughts for us!

And rather than let this stupid app eat the rest of my post for a third time, I'll just post this and rest up for our 90 minute drive first thing tomorrow. :-/

1 comment: