Posting this unedited, as is (written on July 31), so I can get to work on my next post. See if you can find the super important piece of information amid all my whining:
While I won't post this until we've confirmed our transfer date, I'm currently writing having just boarded our plane back to the U.S.
We woke up this morning at 6:00 in order to be at the airport in time for our 11:00 flight. The travel time between our accommodations and the airport was only about 30 minutes. But a variety of circumstances (mostly out of our hands, I'm proud to say) meant we didn't get to our gate until 12:00. So I guess it's a mixed blessing that our flight was delayed. Two and a half hours. Which is a general bummer, but nothing we can't deal with, being pretty good at rolling with the punches. But that causes further issues, because our connection in Miami is two hours. So the likelihood of us making that is pretty darn slim at this point.
So, double bummer. Especially because they're saying they can't get us on another flight to San Francisco today, and we'll have to stay the night in Miami. As much as we'd like to be home, we're not terribly averse to a little addendum to our adventure. BUT I have an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow morning. And based on the results of this ultrasound, I'm supposed to be starting meds in anticipation of an August 22. If I miss this appointment, it's likely they won't schedule another one until the following Friday, at the earliest, as I was told they like to do transfers on Fridays, and that works out best for our schedule.
Needless to say, I'm motivated to make this appointment. I politely expressed that desire to the airline agent, and they found one seat on a flight from Miami to San Francisco tonight. But that means leaving Tony and the kids in Miami while I go on by myself. I'm almost certainly going to take the flight if it comes down to it, but I'm not keen on the idea of leaving my family on the other side of the country for a night.