Friday, September 7, 2012

The waiting game sucks...let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos

Mmm, just finished enjoying the fruits of my labors; I'm baking cupcakes for a wedding this weekend, and part of the decorations involve white and dark chocolate shapes. Fortunately for me, there was a bit of melted chocolate leftover, and apparently, fresh peaches in white and dark chocolate is super yum.

A long weekend, and the necessity of processing time at this point has meant that, despite me checking my email like a crack addict, nothing much has been going on this week. I'm hoping tomorrow (this tomorrow I refer to is Friday, still 10 minutes away for us West Coast Girls) is the big day for news. The insurance company is supposed to approve me within 5 business days, but I don't know if I got my app in under the wire last Thursday, and if the Labor Day holiday will push us back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, if not, it should be Monday for sure. But the piece of mind before the weekend would be greatly appreciated.

We should have a tiny bit of exciting going-ons tomorrow. I'm hoping for more than a tiny bit, but the agency's liaison with the doctor called me today and said that he's received my previous screening records (yay!) and she couldn't confirm, but sounded hopeful that they should all be in order. If that's the case, we'll be able to avoid redoing those, and that should cut 1-2 weeks off of our time before matching (YAY!). Either way, the doctor should be calling me tomorrow,and if all the records are in tippy-top shape, and I understand correctly, this will count as my official consultation meeting with him (Yay!).

If all of that goes according to my plan, then psych screening is next. I will do my best to talk them into doing that over the phone as well, since flying down to LA for one meeting is extremely silly to me. But my next best plan is to jet down to LA next Thursday, when Tony is off.

And, then, once all those little things are wrapped up in a pretty little bow, guess what? That's right! Magical match time! (I think I misunderstood before, and I'm not sure when I start to view profiles, but I know it's gotta be soon! :-D)

In other, sadder news, I got an email from J last night. He wasn't sure that the old agency had explained to me exactly what happened (they had), but he felt he owed it to me. He was very sad about my decision, but, according to the 2 translators I used on the email, he either really did or really did not understand my decision (see what I mean about translation being an impairment to a relationship?!). I'm choosing to believe he does understand. He mentioned us being friends, and broke my heart by ending the email with "I'll miss you" (undisputed in translation). I would like to remain friends with him, but we really have no relationship outside of working on his baby, and now that that's not happening, I'm not sure what to discuss. I hope so dearly that another surro is ready and willing to take my place ASAP...

1 comment: