Saturday, September 22, 2012

I'm not going to get my hopes up...

Aww, it's too late, my hopes are up. I received a profile yesterday of a couple on the East Coast, W & J. When my coordinator initially gave me an overview of them over the phone, I was a little iffy because they already have a child through surrogacy, and I always envisioned my journey to be with first time parents. But then, when I was reading their profile, I found that I felt more connected to them because we have the parent thing in common.

Actually, there were a lot of things I really love about them. Their son is 2, like ours. They've also been working on this journey for several months and have suffered major setbacks. They're all ready to go with frozen embryos, which is super awesome. They seem like great guys individually and like a loving couple and wonderful parents. They are also very politically active in the LGBT community, which I love.

A possible super bonus is that they might be working with my agency's New York office. Which might mean we could possibly go to New York for match meeting and transfer. I've never been, but I've always wanted to, so that would be amazing.

The one thing I wasn't thrilled about with their profile is that they want to have an amino done, which I am not keen on. I'm hoping we can talk them out of that.

So I love them, but they don't even know of me yet. The agency won't share my profile with them until I'm completely cleared. I've completed all the medical tests they need, we're just waiting for the results. And, whoo-hoo!, on Thursday Tony and I are jetting down to LA for our psych screening. Yay! So, I'm thinking they're going to be rushing results, and as long as we can get those other pesky test results, we might be all clear on Friday, and W & J might be able to peruse my profile by next weekend. So, I'm hoping that, next Monday, W & J will let the agency know they love us, and want me to carry their baby, and then we get to schedule our match meeting. I'm keeping all of my fingers crossed that can happen before October 12, when we go to Hawaii, so that boring stuff can happen while we're in Hawaii. :-)

I'm also having issues getting proof of coverage from my insurance. I'm covered through my husband, and there is nothing that says that surrogacy is excluded, but I need to get a letter officially saying that our insurance will cover me. I called last Friday, and was told it would take a week to research the issue. I got a voicemail yesterday saying it would be another week. Which is ridiculous. So I'll be on that Monday. It's not necessary that they cover me, because I've been approved for back-up insurance, but having our own insurance makes me a more "attractive" candidate.

So, not getting too excited that these guys are the "ones." Except I am. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...insurance is always such a pain. Good luck with that. And I'm originally from New York City so if you go there let me know and I'll tell you the good places to go!

    ReplyDelete