Friday, June 29, 2012

Reno and LA

Tony and I are on our way home from a little getaway in Reno. A nice little escape from just about everything. We had a great time, as we always do. We ate a lot of good food (too much good food at the dessert buffet), played a little penny slots, drank a little, bowled a few games and watched a comedy show. It was a lot of fun for a 2 day vacation. :-) We're lucky enough to have grandmas for the kids to stay with, so we know they are happy and well taken care of. But we miss those kiddos and are definitely ready to see them.

I needed an escape, from crazy kids and all the various stresses of all the stuff we have going on. I had an especially rough, busy week, and got some surro news that really brought me down at the end of a long day. I found out that my IF won't be getting his screenings done until the end of August, instead of the end of July, so that means contracts can't even get started until mid-September, which was very frustrating. Right now I feel like this entire summer has been just about wasted, surro-wise.

But, on the other hand, we got some good news on Wednesday. We got hotel and flight confirmations for our trip to LA next Thursday! Yay! I'm very excited to be actually doing something, and I hope that will really help my general attitude, that we're finally going somewhere. I'm still feeling very much outside the whole process right now, mostly because I hear so little from my IFs. I do understand there are a lot of valid reasons for that, but that doesn't mean I'm overly thrilled about it. :-)

I am also thrilled to announce that my period showed up, right on time, on Wednesday. Which was really great because the plane tickets were already booked, and a late period could have ruined it all, since my med screening needs to happen during a specific time of my menstrual cycle. So, that was good. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment