Thursday, July 5, 2012

What a difference a week makes

I was feeling a little down last week about my surro stuff. It just seemed like not only were we not making any forward progress, but things were moving backward. Although I guess it's hard to move backwards when you haven't even crossed the start line yet. But, at least, it seemed like the distant finish line kept getting moved further and further away.

But, this very minute, we are finally moving. Literally, Tony and I are on a plane, heading to LA for our medical and psych screenings. I'm very excited, or at least I would be if I had had more than 3 hours sleep last night and had the energy for excitement, and a little nervous about the medical testing. Not that I have any real reason to be, but what if my children were not the most polite tenants of my uterus, and somehow made it less than hospitable? And then I wonder about the occasional pain I get from what I am fairly certain is my ovary area. And then I remind myself that they're not concerned with my ovaries. As a matter of fact, it'd be perfectly okay if they were gone altogether. I think. I've been doing my HypnoBabies "Needles are Okay" track, so I'm looking forward to utilizing that today for all the blood I'm fairly certain they'll be taking.

After the poking and prodding and uterine inspection, we meet with the psychologist after lunch. I was trying to explain to Kismet, who is 4, everything Mommy and Daddy would be doing while we're gone. I used the "talking doctor" description for the psychologist, and she said, "That's boring! Grown-ups like to talk, but for kids, that's boring!" :-) I didn't mention that used to be Mommy's career aspiration. I'm not worried about the psych visit for myself, but I am a little worried that the psychologist might not feel that Tony is positive enough about everything, although he is totally supportive and gets all excited whenever we get letters from J and S.

Speaking of which, we got a very nice email from J earlier this week, saying he's booked his flight for 10 days in late August. He talked about how excited he is to meet me, and the things he wants to show us when we visit him someday, which was all really sweet and endearing. :-)  He also mentioned that progress had been made with the egg donor, which I was really happy to hear because I know all of that can take a long time. I wish he was coming sooner, but it is what it is, and I've got to get over my desire to schedule all of this to fit my personal desires, because that mindset is just going to get me in trouble every step of the way.

In other good news, it sounds like contracts are already in the works, at least preliminarily, which I was very happy to hear, because before I thought they wouldn't even get started until J got his medical clearance, and contracts are yet another possibly lengthy process that I would like to get out of the way ASAP.

Well, it took me all day to write this post, so screenings are all done, but I'll save that for another day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment