Saturday, March 24, 2012

The seed was planted...

When I was in college, I took a sociology course during which we had to do research on an adoption agency. On their website, they featured a whole section of letters, intended to be to birth mothers, from parents desperately wanting to adopt. I wanted so badly to give all of these loving, deserving people children (I also wanted to adopt all of the children on the website, but that may be a whole 'nother blog someday...). And I recalled an ad I had seen in the school paper about surrogacy, and I realized that someday, in the vague future, I could help people get the children they have been dreaming of. The seed had been planted.

To me, it's several little months out of my life. For my Intended Parents, it's changing their lives, their everydays, forever. It's hard for me to pass up a comparatively small effort on my part for such a large prize for someone. I'll be helping make a family.  I cannot wait to meet my IPs and form a relationship with them, and hear about how they've been dreaming and hoping for a child, and I can do that!  I can help make somebody's dream come true!  I feel amazingly blessed to have that opportunity.  I *cannot wait* to see my IPs hold their child(ren) for the first time.  I still treasure a picture of my husband in his first moments of fatherhood, and if I can help create that indescribable joy in others, damn straight I'm gonna do it.  I just know it's going to be an amazing experience that will forever positively impact the lives of so many.  Why wouldn't I do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment