Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baby Blobby

I apologize for my little absence there. In addition to being freakin' exhausted (usually I blog at the end of the day, and by the time that of day all I want to do is snuggle up to Tony, if I make it that far), there's been some non-surro-related stuff going on that has fortunately turned out all puppy dogs and roses, but was taking up a good deal of my mental energy.

Anyyyyyyywaaaaayyyyysss, the news you've all been waiting for is finally here! Ultrasound today was pretty conclusive that we have one healthy baby in here. Baby Blobby, as I referred to he/she today (in reference to the baby's distinct resembalance to a two lump blob; an adorable blob, but a blob at the moment), is measuring a nice 9 weeks 1 day, about 2.5cm, with a heart rate of 147. Baby Blobby is still sharing my womb with an extra sac. The other sac is measuring 6 weeks, about the same as it was 2 weeks ago. Doctor says it should be starting to reabsorb (imbuing Blobby with super powers, maybe? ;) ).

So, Blobby and I are doing mostly well. My biggest "complaints" are fatigue, nausea and heartburn. Last week I had a cold, and that plus pregnancy rendered me useless. I was too beat to do much more than sit on the couch and read. Fortunately, Tony was home and made sure the kids were dressed and had more to eat than dry cereal. :) My "morning sickness" is by far the worst in the evenings, but sometimes it is far more motivated than me and lasts for most of the day, if I don't stay on top of it with little snacks. And I've got some heavy food aversions. I used to eat sunny-side up eggs everyday, and now just writing about them makes my tummy a little yucky. I'm glad I've realized it was the salad dressing that I usually eat that was driving the aversion, and now that I've rectified that, I can enjoy my salads again. Of course, I could eat fruit all day long. We're all in trouble once grapes come back into season. I'm pleased to report that I'm only up about 4 pounds since starting the meds, and coming up on 9.5 weeks preggo, I'm okay with that. I wish I could say it was all in my boobs, but my pants are definitely uncomfortable. :) I'm living in yoga pants until I'm big enough for maternity jeans. I've had a few days where I feel too short of breath to get up on the treadmill, but most days I make it down to the gym, although certainly not nearly as hardcore as I once was. :) But at least it helps curb the weight gain on the days I only want to eat Sour Patch Kids. :-D

1 comment: