Friday, May 23, 2014

Putting the Cart Before the Horse

Wednesday night I had a phone call with my potential new Intended Fathers, and any fears I may have had were quickly assuaged. They seem like they are going to be a fantastic match for me and my family, and I can't wait until next Friday, when we have our Match Meeting, at which point we will hopefully make this match official. At this point, as long as they're as fond of me as I am of them, and nothing game breaking comes up during the meeting (for example, if they've got their heart set on quadruplets, we'll have to agree to go our separate ways), I can't see any reason why I won't be having these guys' baby next year around this time. :-D

They have made the mistake of giving me their contact information and letting me know they would like to have a close relationship. I'm doing my best to play it cool at this point and let the relationship grow organically. I know on Friday we'll be discussing all the ins and outs and particulars of the surrogacy, so I'm trying to save those conversations until then.

In the meantime, I'll spend the next week with my fingers crossed, alternately planning the super fantastic surrogacy journey we'll have together, and worrying about what I might say next Friday to make them question my awesomeness. But I'll keep all that craziness in my tiny little corner of the internet and a tiny little corner of my brain. And I won't be sharing my blog on my Facebook until they've committed to me. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment